Friday, October 9, 2015

Sargent Paintings at The Met III


Dear Art Lover,
     I will round out this series on the John Singer Sargent exhibition that recently closed at The Met in New York.  This first is a detail shot of The Fountain, Villa Torlonia, Frascati, Italy 1907.  It is an oil painting… brilliant.


     This next one is a watercolor painting with graphite, simply titled, Young Woman with a Black Skirt, created in the 1880s.  I like some of Sargent’s watercolors and I enjoy the paintings he has done of working women. 



     In fact, while I was in Croatia this past winter, I made a copy of a Sargent of a girl carrying onions.  My work is a pastel.  She is available, so please contact me if you may be interested.


After JS Sargent
Paper Size = 36 x 25 cm [Drawing is smaller]
pastels on paper
AVAILABLE:
$150 + $15 worldwide shipping

Thank you for reading and making it all possible.
Peace,
Kelly

~ Kelly Borsheim, sculptor, painter, writer, teacher


No comments: