Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Model a painting



Dear Art Lover,
     Part of the time spent in my former home and studio in central Texas has been spent painting.  I have so many unfinished works or sketches in both 2-d and 3-d that I still want to finish. 

     Many years ago I was interested in experimenting with marble dust on canvas, sculpting it a big at times to get a more 3-d effect on a painted work on board or canvas.  That was how I started this new painting “The Model.”
    
The Model - Marble Dust and Oil on 40" x 30" Canvas
The Model - Marble Dust and Oil on 40" x 30" Canvas

     I have a mysterious art supporter who occasionally sends me things of interest.  If memory serves, he either sent me the film on tape of “The Model” or wrote to me about it.  In any event, this French film inspired the pose and the idea for this painting.  It records the moment of “unveiling” and I hope to have captured something of those mixed feelings one may have of anticipation, shyness, confidence, appreciation, and so many more things that often happen in an instance before the work begins.

The Model - Marble Dust and Oil on 40" x 30" Canvas Framed
The Model - Marble Dust and Oil on 40" x 30" Canvas Framed


     If you are interested in buying this painting, please just contact me.  “The Model” makes her debut at the upcoming art party… your invitation follows below. [Enjoy Warren’s whimsical title…]


Cullar - Borsheim - Cullar - Borsheim: Paintings and Sculpture
Rembrandt Meets Picasso
TWO NIGHTS; TWO DIVERSE ARTISTS TOGETHER: Kelly Borsheim [Rembrandt] and Warren Cullar [Picasso]
WHEN: 8th [Tuesday] & 9th [Wednesday] September 2015:
6:30 – 9:30 p.m. each evening
WHERE: Austin, Texas; Studio of Warren Cullar, 12102 Conrad Road, 78727; Tel. 512.589.6717
WHY? Because life is worth living and art is worth having!

Sculpture AND paintings by BOTH artists.
Wine and cheese party.
Please bring art-loving friends.

http://BorsheimArts.com/
http://artwarren.com/

Peace,
Kelly
~ Kelly Borsheim, sculptor, painter, writer, teacher


No comments: